Wednesday, March 3, 2010

They just keep going and going and going.........

I'm still not sure how all this blogging business works but i plan to keep a-pluggin' away slowly and researching and making new friends. Hopefully it'll all just flow together nicely and all these fun networking tools will pay off. Besides that, I think this is a great way to keep memories alive.

It may seem odd, the ramblings of a broomchick, but these brooms have taken me through some outrageous adventures and in time I will tell some tales. Today I have a tale to tell about an old broom. I often get questions about the durability of my brooms and can tell folks from experience that I have brooms in my house that I use regularly that I made 15 years ago and they are still in fabulous shape.

**THE GOLDEN RULE IS TO ALWAYS HANG UP YOUR BROOM**

Well, I have to say, in all honesty, that my brooms are still fabulous after all these years and i HAVE NOT always hung them up. The very small group of broom makers that i have been making brooms with have been in business for over 25 years and I can also say that I have seen much older brooms around the shop that are also still in great shape.

I get many letters and emails from folks who have had our brooms for many years and they have nothing but compliments. The broom corn we use is very good quality and because it is dried naturally it retains a fair amount of it's elasticity from it's natural oils.

*While the broom itself will hold up for a very long time, the binding on top (which we call platting) will sometimes come unwound after many years. That is very easy to fix and can be done for free if you walk the broom into my shop, or for just the cost of shipping if you send it to me. *
I received a letter just yesterday from a woman named Cynthia who bought a broom from us in at a craft fair in San Francisco 25 years ago!!! She sent these pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Where are the wedding brooms? I need to order right now for a July 15th wedding. Shipped to Janesville Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete